Did you realize that the date format on Joomla 4 doesn't match your country's date format? This article will guide you how to change Date and Time Format in Joomla 4 easy via Override Language without having to modify the source code or use any 3rd party extensions.
Check this article first if you still not know about create language override: How to create Language Overrides in Joomla 4
Click on System -> Languages -> Overrides
Select the Language you want to change from the Select Language & Client drop-down.
Click the New button in the Top Toolbar.
In the Search For field on the right-hand side of the screen, select Constant from the drop-down.
Click on the entry for DATE_FORMAT_LC3 under Search Results. This will populate the left-hand side of the screen with details for that language string.
To help you choose the date format you need, here is a list of common date format which is used in Joomla:
- l (lowercase 'L') A full textual representation of the day of the week
- d Day of the month, 2 digits with leading zeros
- M A short textual representation of a month, three letters
- m Numeric representation of a month, with leading zeros
- F A full textual representation of a month, such as January or March
- Y A full numeric representation of a year, 4 digits
- H 24-hour format of an hour with leading zeros
- i Minutes with leading zeros
You can view the complete list of PHP date formats found here.